The Board of Directors provides leadership and guidance to support the work of CCBMA. While day-to-day operations are led by CCBMA’s Executive Director (ED) the Board partners with the ED to complete specific tasks and goals. Board Director responsibilities include:
- Providing foresight, oversight, and insight while serving as a trusted advisor to the ED to support all activities that advance CCBMA’s effectiveness and sustainability
- Regularly attending Board meetings (at least three per year) and important related meetings
- Making a serious commitment to participate actively in committee work and taking on special assignments
- Advocating for CCBMA by ensuring prudent use of all assets, including facility, people, and good will
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding all aspects of the CCBMA certification examination and CCBMA business
- Approving CCBMA’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions
- Being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Volunteering for and willingly accepting assignments and completing them thoroughly and on time
- Staying informed about committee matters, being well prepared for meetings, and reviewing and commenting on minutes and reports
- Getting to know other directors and building a congenial working relationship that contributes to consensus
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the ED
- Assisting the ED and Board President in identifying and recruiting other Board Directors
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization
CCBMA’s Board Directors will initially serve a one-year term on the Board and may be re-elected to a three-year term with the option of re-election to two additional terms (for a total of 10 years). A term may be extended at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Active certification by the California Certifying Board for Medical Assistants
- An understanding of and commitment to CCBMA’s mission, preferably based on experience
- Diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and working in conjunction with like-minded people
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment
- A positive attitude toward professionalism and progressive educational goals
Service on CCBMA’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Directors’ duties.
Thank you for your interest in joining the CCBMA Board of Directors. The nominating committee will review this application for consideration. The information provided in this application will be used strictly by the CCBMA Board and Executive Director to help match your expertise and skills with our needs. No information will be shared with others.